Dear Friends and New Readers,
The Large Man Chronicles on WordPress is a present to myself for my 50th birthday. That happens on Sunday the 25th…I’m just opening my present a little early.
For the past 2 -1/2 years or so, I have been writing stories that I have published via email to a fairly close circle of friends. Since the first post to 6 friends from my youth, the distribution list has grown to about 100 people. From feedback that I have received, it appears that some of the stories (chronicles) get forwarded to friends of those friends. And so on, and so on… This is all very gratifying, very exciting, and honestly quite humbling.
I’m a husband, father, brother, and friend…I travel extensively for my job, and I see stuff. Then I write about it. That’s pretty much how it works. It started simply because I travel, and I spend too much time in hotel rooms – alone. Writing keeps me out of bars, strip clubs, Hooters (most of the time) and the stock market – all places that I should avoid! I offer opinion, and a view of things from my prism or lens, but I will never try to sway your opinion or what you see. Not my gig, not my job, never my intent.
Also, sometimes I just make shit up. If I’m being completely honest, that is my favorite thing to do. I am a recovering bullshitter, descended from a long line of bullshitters…one of my friends from the original 6 Large Man readers once asked me to”try and use your bullshit for good instead of evil, and see how that might work”. It took about 25 years for me to honor her request, but here I am. I guess better late than never. Thank you Rachael.
That being said, most of the people on the Large Man Chronicles distribution list seem to like the real stories about my kids, life in general, and the crazy stuff that I run into while traveling. So that’s mostly what The Large Man Chronicles is about. Little vignettes on life, love, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, and beer.
Things you should know:
- If it’s true I’ll tell you… if it ain’t – I’ll tell you that too.
- I make fun of myself a lot. Don’t let that fool you. That’s just my humor…my self image is very healthy. (Probably healthier than it should be!)
- I use … a lot…but I’m working on it… I find it as distracting as you do…
- I believe in God, but I struggle with organized religion.
- I am a passionate patriot, but I believe that criticizing the way things work is a right and a responsibility. You do NOT have to agree.
- You do NOT have to agree… with anything I write.
- I sometimes use language that is inappropriate for children under 16
- I am not educated in creative or journalistic writing…puntuation, sentence structure, and general grammatical rules suffer, but I do try.
- Women and beer are my weakness. I like beer, I love women. I tend to write to, and for women. (PS on that – I’ve never walked away from a chicken wing either…just sayin)
- I absolutely love to write. I do this because I enjoy it, and for no other reason. If I could do this for a living I would, but I’m not selling anything here.
That’s about it. If you read this stuff, I hope you like it. NEVER will I demean, belittle, or betray a family member, friend, or enemy. Dignity is my priority – yours and mine. ALWAYS, my intention is to generate laughter, thought, reflection, or a little tug on your heartstrings.
Please offer your thoughts – what you liked, what you didn’t, and what you think…these things are always appreciated.
So here we go…my blog journey starts here…up next is Thank Heaven for Little Girls
Thanks for reading.
JC – The Large Man